Boston is a vibrant city full of culture, history, and plenty of activities to keep you entertained. From the cobblestone streets of Beacon Hill to the modern skyline of the Financial District, there’s something for everyone in Boston. Whether you’re looking for outdoor activities, cultural experiences, or educational opportunities, there are plenty of things to do in Boston. Here are some of the top things to do while visiting this charming city:
- Visit Fenway Park – Fenway Park is one of the most iconic ballparks in America and home to the Boston Red Sox. Take a tour of the stadium and learn about its history, then catch a game if you can!
- Explore the Freedom Trail – The Freedom Trail is a 2.5 mile path that takes visitors through 16 historically significant sites related to the American Revolution.
- Enjoy a Duck Tour – Duck Tours are a great way to see all that Boston has to offer from both land and water perspectives! Climb aboard an amphibious vehicle and explore both downtown Boston and its scenic waterfront.
- Check out Harvard University – Established in 1636, Harvard University is the oldest higher education institution in the United States. Take a tour of Harvard Yard or visit one of their world-renowned museums such as the Harvard Museum of Natural History or Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology.
- Wander through Quincy Market –Located in downtown Boston, Quincy Market is an iconic shopping center filled with restaurants, shops, and street performers. Don’t forget to try one of their famous chowder bread bowls!
- Visit Faneuil Hall Marketplace – This historic marketplace features over 100 stores and international eateries, as well as live entertainment throughout the day.
- Try some seafood -You can’t visit Boston without trying some fresh seafood! Head over to Legal Sea Foods for a classic New England seafood experience or grab some oysters at Union Oyster House – America’s oldest restaurant (established in 1826).
- Relax at The Public Garden – Spend an afternoon wandering through The Public Garden – one of America’s first public parks – established in 1837 by Horace Gray and Olmsted & Vaux Landscape Architects. Enjoy picturesque views of Swan Boats on the lagoon and colorful floral displays throughout spring and summer months.
- Ride The Swan Boats – Hop on board one of these classic pedal boats for a relaxing ride around The Public Garden lagoon! It’s been an iconic tradition since 1877 and still going strong today!
- Catch a show at The Wilbur Theater – Located in downtown Boston’s Theater District, The Wilbur Theater hosts performances from comedy acts to musicals every night! Be sure to check their calendar for upcoming shows before planning your trip!
No trip to Boston would be complete without exploring some (or all) of these top attractions! With so much to see and do in this amazing city, you’ll never run out of things to keep you busy during your visit!