If you’re a homeowner who is considering leasing your property to Homepoint, you may have some questions about how the process works and what the terms of the lease agreement will be. Here are some answers to some of the most frequently asked questions that we receive about our leasing program:
- What are the terms of the lease agreement?
- Our lease agreements are all negotiable but are typically for a period of two years or more. As the owner of the property, you will retain ownership and will receive a regular payment from Homepoint each month.
- Who will be occupying the property?
- Homepoint services a number of professionals like doctors, nurses, professors, and salespeople who are traveling to specific areas for a short period of time either on business or relocating to the area. What we do is provide a clean, safe, and affordable place so that they don’t have to worry about the inconvenience of a hotel. They get to know the area from a different perspective and most importantly, sometimes they like to have a kitchen and we provide that for them. So what we often do is connect with quality landlords, so that we can give them what they need in terms of steady rent and Homepoint get to serve their clients. Every applicant that stays inside one of our properties is required to submit copies of their IDs, financial information, and upfront deposit prior to entering the property.
- What are the responsibilities of the landlord and tenant under a lease agreement with Homepoint?
- As the landlord, your primary responsibility will be to service the big ticket items of the home & general wear and tear of the property and maintains all applicable building codes and regulations. Homepoint will be responsible for managing the property on a day-to-day basis.
- Can I terminate the lease early if I change my mind?
- In most cases, our lease agreements are for a fixed term of two years or more. However, we understand that circumstances can change and we are open to discussing the possibility of terminating the lease early in certain situations. If you would like to discuss the possibility of terminating the lease early, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Will I be able to see the property during the lease period?
- Yes, you will be able to see the property during the lease period. We encourage landlords to visit the property at least once per year to ensure that it is well-maintained and to address any concerns that you may have.
If you have any additional questions about our leasing program or would like to learn more about how it can benefit you, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re here to help you make the best decision for your property and your financial situation.
We hope that these answers have helped to address some of your questions about our leasing program. If you have any additional questions or would like to learn more about how our program can benefit you, don’t hesitate to contact us.